Monday, November 12, 2012

SPArty... Birthday Party for my 11 Year Old

SPArty Time!

This weekend I hosted a SPArty for my daughters birthday.  The girls had a blast!  Two hours of fun after spending months in the making.  I got a lot of the items on clearance after Christmas to fill the goodie baskets.  I hand made most of the candies to match the party colors, and we had cupcakes and cakepops that matched also.

The Candy Bar...
I made homemade rock candy, candy buttons, and sugar gummies.

The Flip Flop Creation Station...
I got clearanced Old Navy Flip Flops and cut up ribbons.

Facials...
Got these Chocolate Facials on Sale and was able to use one packet on three girls... Smelled like chocolate and all the girls wanted to taste it!

Lip Scrub...
I made this with sugar, honey, olive oil, vaseline, and cherry flavoring.  I tested it on myself before using it on the girls and was shocked at how well it really works.  The cherry flavor gave it a great scent and taste if you happen to get it in your mouth.

Nail Station...
Found polish in the party colors and bought a bunch for goodie bags and for the nail painting station. 

Cupcakes...
Cotton Candy Flavored icing and a Royal Icing K I made on wax paper with food coloring to match the party colors.  Little stands were found at Michaels in a 6 pack.

Goodies...
I have been collecting goodies since after Christmas last year where I got a bunch of items for $0.25 clearanced from Walmart that just happend to start my color theme.  Other goodies were picked up from Old Navy, Walgreens, and Bath Junkie in Rockwall (Who matched my colors perfectly!!!)

The party went over very well with all the girls who loved the goodie bags, and getting chocolate facials, lip scrub, and their nails painted...  The planning and hard work weeks ahead was worth it when I got text from the parents saying how awesome their kids said the party was...  To keep it as cheap as possible I bought almost everything clearance, made the candy myself, and used plain color paper goods...  Always check stocking stuffers after Christmas and start there.  Also the Target Dollar Spot clearances stuff cheap so just watch for it.

I made all the signs myself... I used the cricut and glitter vinyl paper in pink and blue.  I laminated everything so that the signs would keep if I ever needed them again...

1 comment:

  1. I love the ideas! im having a spa birthday party and need the insperation! Love frome Alvina Johnson 11 (soon!)(Maria Johnsons dougther)

    ReplyDelete