Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Thanksgiving Crafts and Decor

Thanksgiving 2014

 
I saw another person create decorative serving trays for several holidays and thought that I would give it a shot since I am low on Thanksgiving Decor...
 
Went to the Dollar Tree and got several Serving Trays
Spray painted them all White back and front.
Mixed black and brown craft paints with water until they were thin like ink.
This mixture was more brown than black.  At Halloween I used more black than brown.
After the white paint dried (Always use spray paint as craft paint does not really work)
I antiqued the server by brushing on the ink mixture and letting it soak for a few seconds and then wiped it off with a non lent type rag... No paper towels
 
 
Then I got out the Cricut and my Thanksgiving Cartridge and Brown Vinyl and cut out a few
Thanksgiving items and added them...
 
A saying...
 
 
 And a Turkey!

 
I also got Cylinder votives from Dollar Tree and Cut out
Give Thanks
I don't like that you can't see it so I will be using cream fake candles instead of the fall mixture.
 
My Turkey Server

 
My Thankful Heart Server

 
Then I also got Dollar Tree Square Votives and added
Give THANKS

 
Tried them with the Fall Mixture and nope...
So I went to Dollar Tree and got White Candles instead and that works better...
But here are the photos of my crafts I will be using for Decorations on my Mantel and Dinning Room
 
Cant Wait to put them out the DAY AFTER HALLOWEEN.

 
Until then I will be searching for more crafts and decor to fill the spaces...

No comments:

Post a Comment